Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Well I haven't written here in a few months.. Life has continued to go on but not without a lot of tears and sadness. Losing your child is such a hard hard thing to get through. Some days I don't know how I make it through but only with God's Help.

It is Mother's Day...the one child that made me a mother first is gone...gone to heaven. Some people tell me to quit feeling sorry for myself. Or it will get better. Or you MUST do this or that for you living child. JUST DO NOT GET IT!

My son has been gone for 14 weeks or 99 days if we want to be exact. My heart will always be missing a piece. I am not depressed I am very sad at times. But I am still living. I have a daughter and a grand daughter who I love. I have plans for the future.. So what if I have a rotten week on Mother's Day...so what if I truly do not want to celebrate today since I am not very happy.

I should not have to go to my son's grave on Mother's Day to "visit" him.

This is a picture from today...the only balloon I could find to put on his grave. The memorial park he is in only lets you do these things on special holidays.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Sandy, I'm so sorry that I was away from my computer on the day you posted this. Love ya girl!